Tired of walking into a messy laundry room? Clutter can increase the time and effort it takes to get your laundry done, so make a clean start with these great laundry room organization tips, as seen on our video.
- Keep Supplies Handy. Knowing where you can quickly grab the laundry detergent, bleach, softener, dryer sheets and other supplies will help speed up your laundry day. A dedicated cabinet for laundry supplies will not only keep everything handy but make your laundry room look neat and orderly. Not much space to spare? Our Rolling Laundry Cart organizes everything in just 8″ of space…narrow enough to fit between your washer and dryer.
- Sort, Fold, Roll! Once your laundry is clean, it can be quite a job to get it all sorted and carried to everyone’s bedroom. Simplify the task with a rolling cart, such as our Laundry Station. The overhead hanger works great for shirts and pants, while the basket is ideal for folded clothes and towels. Best of all, the whole thing rolls so you don’t have to lug a heavy laundry basket. You can also load it up with dirty clothes to transport to the laundry room.
- Quick Ironing Solution. Maybe you don’t have room for a large ironing board, or maybe you just don’t want to bother setting it up. But what can you do when some items need a quick touch-up? Just reach for the Magnetic Ironing Blanket and you’re ready to iron in seconds. This heat-resistant pad has magnets underneath to adhere right to the top of your washer or dryer. And it rolls up for easy storage. Now that’s convenience!
- A Delicate Discussion. For garments that can’t be thrown in the dryer, you’ll have to lay them out to air-dry. You could drape them over shelves or doors, but then you run the risk of getting a shelf or door mark on your clothes. Instead, get a drying rack. The freestanding version is portable so you can use it outdoors or indoors – either hang your shirts off of the racks or lay them flat to dry. If floor space is an issue, look for a wall-mount version such as our Accordion Drying Rack. Hidden under a convenient shelf, this clever rack pulls out easily to provide 11 sturdy hanging bars.
- Protect Your Floor! You never know when the washer may overflow or spring a leak, so it’s a good idea to place a Washing Machine Tray underneath it. Made of heavy-duty plastic, it will protect your floor from water and scuffs.