Whether you’re having a bunch of people over for a BBQ or just want to update a boring backyard space, we’ve put together a short video with some fun backyard ideas on how to transform your space.
- Take Measurements. After you’ve decided on the backyard space you want to use, measure it to see how big an area you have to work with. Make sure you allow enough space behind chairs so your guests have room to move around to refill their glasses or get more goodies.
- Determine Your Backyard Color Scheme. Do you want it to be vibrant and exciting or a tranquil place to relax? In our video, we’ve chosen to create a dining destination using our Eucalyptus Drop-Down Table and Folding Chairs. Not only do these patio furniture pieces warm up any outdoor space with their natural wood beauty, they all fold for space-saving storage. The table can also be used as a half-round table in tight spaces. Don’t forget chair cushions – they add comfort and personality! We have many great colors and patterns from nautical to tropical, so you’re sure to find just the right ones to enhance your patio dining set.
- Make the Area Comfortable. No one wants to sit in the hot sun while dining. Add a Deluxe Umbrella to provide cooling shade. Each umbrella cranks open and closes easily, and tilts to block the setting sun. Choose a color or design that fits your style. At night, you can add an umbrella light or candles to provide ambiance as well as light.
- Need More Privacy? If your outdoor space is too close to the neighbors or a side street, you can create an instant hideaway with a privacy fence. The advantage of wood or resin freestanding privacy fences is that they set up easily and can be stored in your garage for the winter. Or if you want a more natural look, you can use artificial greenery like our Faux Ivy Privacy Screen to cover ugly chain link fences.
- Get Ready to Entertain! Before you invite your guests to your BBQ party, be sure you have the right accessories to make the event a success. Our Polycarbonate Drinkware looks like glass, but it won’t break if one of the kids accidentally knocks it off the table. And, you don’t want to worry about running out of ice because you can have a big cooler or a Portable Ice Maker on hand. If the party runs into the night, light up the festivities with lanterns, LED String Lights, or Solar Color-Changing Patio Lights. If you have a fairly large space, a fire pit is a great crowd-pleaser where family and guests can gather around to swap stories and roast marshmallows.
Don’t have a patio or deck? If you don’t have a defined outdoor space and can’t afford to build one, here’s a quick, cost-effective, and inviting solution: create a patio space using wood chips. Attractive and environmentally friendly, wood chips will break down and decay over time, so if you go this route you’ll have to add to the surface annually. Be sure to place edging such as rocks or small logs around the space to keep the chips contained. First, lay your foundation so the area is well drained. Use sand for the bottom layer then use double the amount of aggregates on top of the sand. You can top your foundation with landscape cloth to cover the surface to discourage weeds, then just pile the wood chips on top. Just like that you have an attractive space for your patio furniture.
By using some of these backyard ideas, you’ll be ready in no time to kick back and enjoy the great outdoors!