S’mores just for the firepit? Not anymore!! This S’mores cookies recipe gives you the yummy taste of S’mores in the convenience of a cookie.
- 1 stick butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 chocolate bars (1.55 oz. each)
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- Mix butter and sugar until blended. Add egg and vanilla and beat well.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture, beating until blended.
- Put half of the dough in baking pan. Bake 15 minutes. After the dough is cooked, add chocolate bars over baked layer. Add marshmallows and then add the remaining dough over the marshmallows. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or just until lightly browned. Cool, cut into bars, and serve.
Yields: 16 bars.