Sniff, sniff. We knew it would happen eventually, but the thought of Prince Harry tying the knot makes some of us in the office a wee bit sad. On the other hand, we’re happy he found his true love, Ms. Meghan Markle. So chin up, dry your eyes, and start thinking about having a royal wedding watch party. At Improvements, we’re giving you brunch ideas, so all you have to do is whip up these recipes, gather your friends, and watch Prince Harry and Meghan Markle join together in holy matrimony. Sound good? Of course, it does! Let’s proceed…
Make These Royal Wedding Brunch Recipes
Below are recipes that you’ll really, really want to (an ode to the Spice Girls who’ve been invited to the wedding) make for your royal wedding watch party. You may want to suggest to your friends that they dress up for the regal occasion and choose a hairstyle to match: Meghan’s messy bun or Kate’s beautiful blowout. Most importantly, wear a fascinator on your head. You’ll be the hostess with the mostess!
Royal Wedding Brunch: Dill and Cucumber Sandwiches
Dill and Cucumber Sandwiches Ingredients
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons mayo
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- White sandwich bread, crusts removed, about 16 slices
- Sprigs of fresh dill for garnish
Dill and Cucumber Sandwiches Cookware
- Spoon, spatula, and knife
- Measuring utensils
Dill and Cucumber Sandwiches Directions
- In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese and mayo until smooth. Add garlic powder, salt, pepper, and chopped dill.
- Spread mixture on 8 slices of bread. Top with sliced cucumbers and sprigs of dill, then close sandwiches with remaining bread slices.
- Cut crusts from bread, forming a square, then cut into quarters on the diagonal, creating 4 triangle mini-sandwiches.
Royal Wedding Brunch: Strawberry Bellini
Strawberry Bellini Ingredients
- 1 bottle of prosecco
- 2 cups pureed and strained fresh strawberries
- mocktail alternative – 1/2 sparkling white grape juice, 1/2 sparkling water to the equal amount in 1 bottle of prosecco
Strawberry Bellini Cookware
- Champagne flutes
Strawberry Bellini Directions
- Open prosecco and let it stand in ice for 5 minutes.
- Pour pureed strawberries into a pitcher.
- Gently pour in the bottle of prosecco and stir gently.
- Serve in champagne flutes.
Royal Wedding Brunch: Blueberry Lemon Scones
Blueberry and Lemon Scones Ingredients
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar + 1 tablespoon for dusting
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 3/4 cups plain (not greek) yogurt
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 egg white, beaten
Blueberry and Lemon Scones Cookware
- Sheet pan
Blueberry and Lemon Scones Directions
- Put clean blueberries in the freezer for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut butter into dry ingredients until mixture has the texture of coarse meal.
- Stir in yogurt, lemon juice, and lemon zest until combined.
- Fold in frozen blueberries.
- Pat into a circle about 1-inch thick on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut into 8 wedges.
- Place 1-2 inches apart on a lightly greased sheet pan.
- Brush the tops with egg white and sprinkle with remaining tablespoon of sugar.
- Bake 15-17 minutes until golden brown.
Her Majesty Invites You to a Royal Wedding Watch Party
Hold court in your castle (house) and have a royal wedding watch party that you and your friends won’t forget. Sit back, relax and eat some delicious foods that are positively British. You may want to keep tissue boxes close by so that you and your friends can dab your eyes as you watch Prince Harry and Meghan Markle get married. And if you ever need brunch ideas, bookmark this post! After all, Princess Eugenie (Fergie and Prince Andrew’s daughter) is getting married. Perhaps you can have another royal wedding watch party in October if the wedding is televised. Fingers crossed!
Are you holding a royal wedding watch party? What are you serving? Let us know in the comments!