This recipe comes from my mom who was born and raised in Tennessee. It really is Southern-style Macaroni Salad. Enjoy!
- 16 oz small macaroni noodles
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sweet pickles (cut into small pieces)
- 1/4 cup carrots (sliced or shredded)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbs mustard (more to taste)
- Place 2 pans with water on stove and boil. In one pan, place 4 eggs and boil about 12 minutes. In the second pan, add Olive Oil and macaroni to boiling water and stir after 5 minutes. Let macaroni continue to boil for 10 more minutes (15 minutes total). Drain egg water and peal. Tip: if you can, peal eggs while still hot and they will peal easier.
- Rinse eggs and noodles in cold water and place noodles in a large bowl (set eggs aside). Add mayonnaise, pickles, carrots, 2 eggs, salt & pepper, mustard and mix with spoon. Taste it and add more mustard if necessary. Put the large bowl with mix and the small bowl with remaining 2 eggs in the fridge and let cool. When ready to serve, cut up remaining 2 eggs in quarters and place on top of macaroni salad. Garnish with sprinkles of paprika.