Spice up your boring salad with this Hot & Spicy Chicken Salad recipe.
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hot chili sauce
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1 lb chicken cut into 2 x 1/4″ strips
- 3 cups shredded leaf and bibb lettuce
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- Unsalted peanuts
- Combine soy sauce and chili sauce in small bowl. In another bowl combine chicken strips and 1 tbsp soy sauce mixture. Cover chicken well with sauce. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine lettuce, cabbage, carrot, and pepper. Toss to combine and set aside.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with olive oil cooking spray. Add chicken. Cook over medium heat. Add chicken and remaining reserved soy sauce mixture to lettuce mixture. Toss to coat. Sprinkle with peanuts.