If you are looking for unique DIY Halloween decorations, then you have come to the right place. The skeleton is a staple of the Halloween season and why not add a little glam to your existing Halloween decor with a skeleton that sparkles? Here’s how to create your own blingy skeleton in just 4 steps!
DIY Halloween Decorations–Blingy Skeleton Bones: What You Need:
- Fake bones (you can get a whole bag of bones or just a skull if you prefer)
- Black spray paint (or orange, purple…any color you want)
- Spray adhesive
- Glitter (we chose black glitter, but you can use any color that goes with your Halloween theme)
- Newspaper (or another surface that is safe to spray paint on)
- Spray paint the skeleton bones so they are completely covered and let dry.
- Spray the bones with the spray adhesive then immediately start sprinkling on the glitter. It is best to do this in sections. Make sure you use enough spray adhesive so the glitter sticks.
- Let the bones dry for about an hour then tap or shake off the loose glitter.
- For added protection, you can add a clear coat to seal the glitter, but if they aren’t going to be handled once they are in place, it’s not necessary.
And that’s it! How easy and fun was it to make that DIY Halloween Decoration? Let your new blingy bones dry over night before displaying them. If you’re having a Halloween party, place the bones in a cake stand for a centerpiece.