Want a new way to prepare your chicken dinner? Make this Basil Lime Chicken recipe. Prepare the marinade during the day, and grill at night! Here are the step-by-step instructions on how to make this delicious summer recipe.
- 3 Limes (Juice & Zest), Divided 2/1
- 3 T Olive Oil
- ¼ C. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 T Dijon Mustard
- 2 T Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 T Soy Sauce
- 4 Green Onions Chopped, Divided 3/3
- 4 Cloves of Garlic Minced, Divided 2/2
- 2 T Chopped Basil
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 3 lbs. Chicken Breasts
- Mixing Bowl
- Gallon Zip Lock Bag
- In a bowl, combine the zest of and juice of 2 limes, olive oil, mustard, Worcestershire, soy sauce, 2 onions, 2 garlic cloves, salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Cut chicken into even cutlets and place in a gallon-sized baggie.
- Pour marinade over the chicken and marinate for at least 1 hour, but up to 12.
- Preheat grill.
- Grill chicken for 7 minutes, flip, and cook until internal temperature reaches 170˚.
- Remove from grill and let rest for 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine juice and zest of one lime with extra virgin olive oil, 2 chopped onions, 2 minced garlic cloves, and basil.
- Slice chicken into bite-sized pieces and pour sauce over top.
The chicken can be served over rice or in tortillas. Great served cold on a salad the next day!