Take your dinner from boring to tangy with this Caribbean-Spiced Shrimp & Vegetable Kabobs recipe. These summer skewers are super easy to make and make a great treat for the beach or poolside. For a sweet treat during the day, make fruit kabobs.
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- 3 Tablespoons Brown Mustard
- 1 Pound Peeled, Jumbo-size Raw Shrimp with Tails
- 1/2 Tablespoon Caribbean Jerk Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Yellow Squash, Cut into 1/4″ to 1/2″ Slices
- 2 Zucchini, Cut into 1/4″ to 1/2″ Slices
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Cut into 1 1/2″ Pieces
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Cooked white rice
- Wooden Skewers
- Outdoor Grill
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30-40 minutes.
- Stir together honey and brown mustard.
- Toss shrimp with Caribbean jerk seasoning, 2 Tbsp. olive oil, and 1/4 tsp. salt.
- Thread onto 6 skewers.
- Thread squash slices, zucchini slices, and red bell pepper pieces, onto remaining skewers.
- Brush vegetable kabobs with 1 Tbsp. olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill kabobs, covered with grill lid, over 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat.
- Grill vegetables 15 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
- Grill shrimp 2 minutes on each side or just until shrimp turn pink.
- Baste shrimp with honey mixture.
- Serve over rice.