Here are Some Easy Steps to Measure Your New Patio Furniture for Outdoor Cushions
If you don’t have patio cushions, then you will need to measure your outdoor furniture to ensure you purchase the correct patio cushion. Measuring your outdoor furniture for cushions can be done by following these easy steps. It’s also a good idea to make sure the patio cushions that you are looking at have weather-resistant fabric and are intended for outdoor use.
Note: If you already have patio cushions and you just want to replace them, check out our article How to Measure Replacement Patio Cushions.
Measuring Chairs for New Patio Cushions
- Measure for the length of the outdoor chair cushion by measuring the front of the seat to the back of the seat and add 1 inch to the measurement.
- Measure for the width of the chair cushion by measuring in the center of the seat. If the chair has arms, take your width measurement between the arms for an accurate reading. If there is a curve in the backrest of the chair, add 1.5″ to your measurement.
- To determine the thickness of the outdoor cushion you will need, measure the back opening of the chair (if there is one) and add an inch.
Measuring Outdoor Chaise Lounges for New Patio Cushions
If are looking to purchase chaise cushions, you will need to measure your outdoor chaise lounge to determine which cushion will be right for you.
- To measure for the length (or depth) of the outdoor chaise lounge cushion, measure the length of your seat from the end of the chaise lounge (front of the seat) to the fold at the back of the seat.
- To determine the length of the back rest of the outdoor chaise lounge, measure from the top of the back rest of the seat down to the fold at the rear of the seat.
- To measure for the width of the outdoor cushion, you will need to take 3 measurements on your chaise lounge. Measure the width of the top back of the chaise. Measure the width of the chaise lounge just below the fold (between the arms) at the seat. Then measure the width of the chaise lounge at the end of the seat (at the leg rest). The narrowest measurement will be what you use for the width.
Measuring Deep Seating Furniture for Cushions
Our deep seating outdoor furniture patio cushions come in a set with a back seat cushion and a seat cushion. You will need to follow these easy steps to ensure you get the right fit for your new outdoor cushion.
- Measure the length of the seat from front to back.
- Measure the width of the seat from side to side.
- Measure the width of the back of the seat.
- Measure the top of the chair to the top of the seat and subtract 3″ (or the amount of thickness of the bottom cushion that you are purchasing).