Small space container gardening recipes that are easy to make and taste great.
Fruit Mint Salad
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate, defrosted
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp grated orange peel
- Whisk together, cover and chill for one hour
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and cut in half
- 1 fresh peach, pitted and cut into 1/2″ chunks
- 1 fresh plum, pitted and cut into 1/2″ chunks
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
Add salad ingredients to bowl. Pour dressing over top. Toss gently, chill and serve.
Hot & Spicy Chicken Salad
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hot chili sauce
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1 lb chicken cut into 2 x 1/4″ strips
- 3 cups shredded leaf and bibb lettuce
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- Unsalted peanuts
Combine soy sauce and chili sauce in small bowl. In another bowl combine chicken strips and 1 tbsp soy sauce mixture. Cover chicken well with sauce. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
In large bowl combine lettuce, cabbage, carrot and pepper. Toss to combine and set aside.
Spray nonstick skillet with olive oil cooking spray. Add chicken. Cook over medium heat. Add chicken and remaining reserved soy sauce mixture to lettuce mixture. Toss to coat. Sprinkle with peanuts.
Raspberry Spinach Salad
Raspberry Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup unsweetened frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- Salt and ground black pepper
Place the raspberries, olive oil, lemon juice, and honey in a blender. Blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste
- 2 lb spinach, stemmed
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, toasted
In a large bowl, combine the vinaigrette, spinach, onion, pepper, and half the sunflower seeds. Toss to coat the spinach with the dressing. To serve, divide among individual plates. Top each with an equal amount of the remaining sunflower seeds.